• Over the medium term, spending reductions amount to R50.3 billion, 54 per cent of which
comes from compensation budget adjustments.
• Provisional allocations of R75.3 billion are budgeted over the 2019 medium-term
expenditure framework (MTEF) period, mainly for Eskom’s reconfiguration plan.
• Since the 2018 Medium Term Budget Policy Statement the contingency reserve has been
increased by R6 billion in 2019/20 to respond to requests for fiscal support from smaller stateowned
companies. Additional support will be financed by selling non-core assets.
• The consolidated budget deficit is projected to narrow from 4.5 per cent of GDP in 2019/20
to 4 per cent in 2021/22.
• Gross debt is expected to stabilise at 60.2 per cent of GDP in 2023/24.
• Real growth in consolidated non-interest expenditure will average 2 per cent over the next
RSABUDGET2019 People Guide Read more here
RSABudget 2019 Highlights Read more here
RSABudget 2019 Tax Guide Read more here